I. S. Clavner on Tue, 2 Mar 1999 14:16:08 -0500 (EST)

Re: Intel PRO 100A and RH 5.2

Vale:

I had a similar problem with a Proliant 1000. I was using a
10/100 NIC with a UTP connector and an AUI (thick ether)
connector. I couldn't reconfigure that NIC through the OS
nor boot up diagnostics.

I found an old CD-ROM called SmartStart and Support
Software. I booted that CD and found that it had software on
it to configure the system Bus. After deleting the card,
rebooting, and re-adding the card, I was given the option of
selecting the appropiate port and speed. It does seem that
once that system's card is configured, it holds onto that
configuration. So you may have to delete and re-add also.

Look for a CD-ROM called COMPAQ smartstart and support
software.

Hope this helps.....

Ira Clavner