David L. Martin on Sat, 6 Mar 1999 22:31:57 -0500 (EST)

Re: sendmail.cf

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Michael Love wrote:
> What I want to do is set up mail(sendmail, SMTP) so messages may be
> addressed to "user@foo.goo" rather than "user@host1.foo.goo". I can get the
> DNS to provide the correct address, but sendmail spits it out with a
> message to the tune "I am host1.foo.goo, not foo.goo".
>
> The root of the problem may be that I dont understand the terminology of
> sendmail.cf - am I trying to "masquerade", "relay", "alias" or what?

masquerade is what I was using (the 'DM' field), most hosts you connect to
expose your real name now.

David L. Martin        <dlmarti@njcc.com>
R&D Software Engineer  http://pluto.njcc.com/~dlmarti
PGP: 16 C0 C0 AB 4E A2 2C 89  FF 8B 07 CF C0 72 3D 89

No good deed goes unpunished.