Michael W. Ryan on Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:15:21 -0500 (EST)

Re: Window Manager?

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Adam Turoff wrote:

> WindowMaker.
>
> It has the look-and-feel of a NextStep-ish type system, more easily
> configured (esp. with GUI tools) than the last version of AfterStep I
> looked at, and it's peppier than either AfterStep or Enlightenment.

I decided to take a guess, and downloaded the current RPM on the Red Hat
contrib site.  Ooo... nice.  Much friendlier, and does seem peppier.  Now,
all I need is more screen real estate.  32x32 icons don't seem to be
handled as nicely, and 64x64 icons are just too big.  Ah well.  I'll still
use it anyway.

Michael W. Ryan               | OTAKON 1999
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)