Steven J. Pulito on Sun, 21 Mar 1999 15:09:32 -0500 (EST)

FTP as a daemon? / problems with access

Newbie question:

I seem to have some problems with ftp access on my box.  I can usually
connect fine, but when I'm connecting, disconnecting and then reconnecting a
lot it sometimes hangs trying to connect.

Currently the ftp service is controlled by inetd.conf, is there a way to
make it run as a daemon the way httpd does?  Would this help me out??

Thanks!