Jason Staloff on Wed, 31 Mar 1999 07:53:11 -0500 (EST)

Re: ftp, telnet services

>I think you *must* login as other than root, then you can "su root".
>Don't know why the limitation,

Wow, y'mean this is hard-coded? Part of ftpd?

Everyone wants to know "why?". I'm just curious. It's an isolated system so
security isn't an issue (unless my girl friend gets mad at me). I built the
thing for learning on, so there's nothing mission-critical to lose. Later,
when there is more at stake, I imagine having tried oddball stuff will come
in handy..

JAS