David L. Martin on Wed, 7 Apr 1999 11:32:27 -0400 (EDT)

Re: RPM problem

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Wayne Eisenberg wrote:
> YANQ (yet another newbie question):
>
> I'm trying to install a package called gtksamba on my RedHat 4.2 box at
> work. It requires gtk+ to work. If I try to install either package (logged
> in as root, of course) with the following line:
>
> rpm -iv gtk+-1_0_6-1_i386.rpm (or gtksamba_blah_blah)
>
> I get the response "Data type 9 not supported". I tried the exact same thing
> on my RedHat 5.2 box at home and it installed perfectly, no dumb error
> messages, so I know it's not me :)
>
> What's wrong here? What does that message mean and how do I troubleshoot it?

I think the error is due to a corrupt file,

Verify the failing package with:
	rpm -K gtk_etc_etc
Everything should pass, if not the package is corrupt.

--

David L. Martin        <dlmarti@njcc.com>
R&D Software Engineer  http://pluto.njcc.com/~dlmarti

" I changed my headlights the other day. I put in strobe lights
instead! Now when I drive at night, it looks like everyone else is
standing still ..." -- Steven Wright