Adam Moore on Wed, 14 Apr 1999 14:10:35 -0400 (EDT)

RE: Trade Fair ideas

Actually some companies are offering Linux
preinstalled
with Windoze if needed. At least Linux is turning some
heads. Ive heard that Dell and Compaq are going to be
doing this soon. This should lower prices for systems
somewhat, because the manufacturer doesnt have to buy
a OEM license from Microsoft.

Also, it is harder for nonnerds to use Linux because
of the command prompt type of interface. There is KDE
and XWindows but I dont think these are ready for
family use as of now. Maybe as Linux matures, it will
though.

--- "Roger C. Scudder Jr." <rscudder@bellatlantic.net>

===
Adam Moore