hrdluk on Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:15:49 -0400 (EDT)

Re: lpd not functioning properly

While at least you did not confuse the name of the distribution and linux,
it is helpful, when asking a question, to specify which distribution you
are using.  Now...I am a little confused as to what you are saying with
the kernel version.  Did you sucessfully install the new kernel?  or while
you were compiling it...bad stuff happened (uname -a to find out wich
kernel you are running) If you did install the 2.2.5 then did you forget
to include parallel port support? parallel printer support?..otherwise you
should check your /etc/printcap and make sure that :lp=/dev/correct
printer port.

--hrdluk

ohh btw say hi to prof martoff for me...he and I go way back (I'm not sure
how posting is done here either, but then again I don't really care)