Alexander Shinn on Thu, 15 Apr 1999 18:34:52 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Stdio.h & Stdlib.h

On Thu, Apr 15, 1999 at 07:50:32PM +0000, daq102@yahoo.com wrote:
> OK. Im trying to run "make xconfig" and it works until it says it cant
> find the two files that I named above. Does anyone have these files
> or know where I can get them? They are not on my Mandrake CD, which I
> dont get. Anyway, thanks for the help!

What are you trying to compile?  These are the two most basic C headers,
and are used by almost all C progams, so they most certainly are on your
Mandrake CD (though they'd be wrapped up in an rpm).

Make sure you have all the packages needed for C development.  I'm not
sure exactly how RedHat/Mandrake break this up, but the packages should
include gcc, cpp, the standard library and and assembler (packages
gcc, cpp, libc6 and binutils in Debian).  If you set your box up for C
development these should all have been installed from the start.

One other thing: is it actually asking for "Stdio.h" and "Stdlib.h",
capitalized like that?  These files are all lowercase, so if it's asking
for them like this it's probably a program written (in very bad style)
on a windows platform where filenames are case insensitive.

--
f00f