Eric Windisch on Fri, 30 Apr 1999 22:53:48 -0400 (EDT)

Re: NT4.0 way faster than Linux 2.2.2 ???

My current box is a Pentium166mhz 66mhz-bus classic box with 128 megs of
ram, running Linux 2.2.3.  It smokes my friend's PII 266 with 64 megs of
ram, running Win98 (granted not NT, but still MS).  Well, as long as I don't
run gnome-panel at least ;)  This box used to run Nt Server (as well as the
workstation version),  I would have upgraded by now if I still ran
Windows... who needs those 686+ processors anyway.. Actually, I'm waiting
for some affordable G4 PPC Motherboards so I can build a custom PPC Linux
box. ;)

-Eric Windisch