Adam Moore on Fri, 30 Apr 1999 18:43:48 -0400 (EDT)

Re: NT4.0 way faster than Linux 2.2.2 ???

I totally agree. I've seen Windoze NT and Windoze98/95
webservers and they suck. The performance is terrible
and then you have the "screen of death" factor. I'm
setting up a RH/Apache webserver box, and it does
smoke. About the M$ paying, what less would you
expect?

http://www.mindcraft.com/whitepapers/nts4rhlinux.html

> Your a little behind on the news.
> The study was paid for by Mickeysoft, the NT machine
> was optimized and
> Linux was not, etc, etc, etc...
>
> Even Mickeysoft has come out a said the test was
> messed up.
>
> This issue has bounced around on most of the lists
> and on Slashdot, check
> slashdot archives for the stories.
>
> I use NT on a P233 at work, and Linux on a P90 at
> home, trust me NT is not
> faster.  My P90 smokes the P233.
>
> Oracle just did some tests (I don't have the URL)
> and showed the exact
> reverse results.  That Linux was faster by far.
>
> --
>
> David L. Martin        <dlmarti@njcc.com>
> R&D Software Engineer
> http://pluto.njcc.com/~dlmarti
> PGP: 16 C0 C0 AB 4E A2 2C 89  FF 8B 07 CF C0 72 3D
> 89
>
> To err is human, to moo bovine.
>

> --
> or body of your message to