Adam Turoff on Wed, 5 May 1999 12:04:24 -0400 (EDT)

Re: More meetings (was Re: Great idea)

Christopher J. Fearnley wrote:
> Well, Philadelphia does seem to be a thriving place for nerds.  There
> are at least two Perl meetings per month (http://phl.pm.org/ --- LeRoy
> please add a link to this site from the http://plug.nothinbut.net
> page?)  Plus PLUG.  Etc.,

Thanks for the, ah, plug, Chris.  :-)

The Philly Perl Mongers (phl.pm) are in fact meeting weekly.  Philly
_IS_ a thriving place for geeks and nerds!  :-)

Our meetings are on Mondays (as not to interfere with Plug):
	First Monday:  Dinner (to be determined monthly)
	Third Monday:  Tech Meeting (at ISI, 3501 Market St.)
	2nd/4th Monday: Perl Reading Group

Although we do meet weekly, no one should feel obligated to commit to
showing up every Monday.  The reading group, for example, is focusing
on introductory texts to start out.  We'll progress to more advanced
books in the future, and the turnout will vary based on the book.

The first Monday meeting is a more social meeting (like adjourning to
Pietros after PLUG), while the third Monday meeting is more like a PLUG
meeting.

> PS.  PACS (Philadelphia Area Computer Society) meets on the third
> Saturday of the month.  Originally I wanted to ensure that PLUG
> meetings didn't interfere with PACS.  But I hear very little about
> PACS anymore.

Where is PACS meeting these days?  Haven't been there in ages.

Z.