Chris Fearnley on Wed, 5 May 1999 11:35:17 -0400 (EDT)

More meetings (was Re: Great idea)

On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 10:17:19AM -0400, Ron Fountain wrote:
> I am so game it's not even funny...
>
> >From Mark Sandblade:
> "Well I think we've got enough members that we could start having some
> informal meetings and start doing some hardcore nerding ;-).  Not a
> Robert's Rules of Order type meeting, I dunno maybe pizza and fiddle
> around with our Linux boxes.  Also it would be easier to distribute GLUE
> stuff that way; it would save on postage."

Well, Philadelphia does seem to be a thriving place for nerds.  There
are at least two Perl meetings per month (http://phl.pm.org/ --- LeRoy
please add a link to this site from the http://plug.nothinbut.net
page?)  Plus PLUG.  Etc.,

I've decided to start presenting Debian topics and organize a Debian
oriented group.  Perhaps with a leaning toward Debian development
(policy, programming, and system administration).  I would like this
group to have more presentations than PLUG is accustomed to.

Please let me know via private e-mail your thoughts about a Debian
oriented group meeting on the third Wednesday of the month (May 19th??)
at Cyberloft.  I will summarize to the group (and make a real
announcement if interest warrants).

PS.  PACS (Philadelphia Area Computer Society) meets on the third
Saturday of the month.  Originally I wanted to ensure that PLUG
meetings didn't interfere with PACS.  But I hear very little about
PACS anymore.  So I think it's OK to use the third week of the month.
Comments?

PPS. I'm moving this month, so I won't be able to prepare a nice
presentation for the 19th.  Maybe it's best to have an organizational
meeting for the first time anyway?

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com                   |  Design Science Revolutionary