Rob Kennedy on Fri, 7 May 1999 20:52:21 -0400 (EDT)

Re: RedHat 6.0

On Fri, May 07, 1999 at 08:13:52PM -0400, Bob Suchowierski wrote:
> "Graham, John" wrote:
>
> > I mentioned before that I've upgraded my kernel from 2.0.36 to 2.2.7; I'm
> > running RH5.2. Is the kernel the only difference between the older and newer
> > distributions of RedHat, or will I be missing something if I don't
> > purchase/download the full product.
> >
> > --
>
> I just installed RH 6.0 - A lot of the utilities have been updated.  The
> installation seems to run a little faster (probably because of the kernel?) then
> the RH 5.2 that was on the same box.
Actually, if anyone wants to try redhat 6.0, I have an ISO image that I was distributing from linuxcentral.com on the linuxberg ftp site, and some mirrors.  If anyone has a fast line that I could upload this to, I'd be happy to, then just download it from there, and burn it.  It makes a bootable cdrom, and it also has the word perfect rpms on it.  I made two cds out of it, and installed on my laptop via nfs, and on a workstation booting off the cd.. its a great cd.  Its the image that linuxcentral.com uses for the ones they sell.

Anyhoo.. let me know.. I haven't had any trouble with 6.0 except for crashing gnome every once and a while.. heh.  I'm back into windowmaker. :)

Rob

--
Rob Kennedy
Webmaster - linux-howto.com, ext2.org   Helpdesk - linuxberg.com