Joel A. Matz on Fri, 7 May 1999 21:12:21 -0400 (EDT)

Re: RedHat 6.0

I had a DSL but just gave it up when I moved.  What's up with that GNOME
anyway, I was OK with the core dumps on Starbuck, but I'da hoped they'd
fixed them by the time they put it as default on a real release.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Kennedy <rob@ext2.net>
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net <plug@lists.nothinbut.net>
Date: Friday, May 07, 1999 8:54 PM
Subject: Re: RedHat 6.0

>Actually, if anyone wants to try redhat 6.0, I have an ISO image that I was
distributing from linuxcentral.com on the linuxberg ftp site, and some
mirrors.  If anyone has a fast line that I could upload this to, I'd be
happy to, then just download it from there, and burn it.  It makes a
bootable cdrom, and it also has the word perfect rpms on it.  I made two cds
out of it, and installed on my laptop via nfs, and on a workstation booting
off the cd.. its a great cd.  Its the image that linuxcentral.com uses for
the ones they sell.

>Anyhoo.. let me know.. I haven't had any trouble with 6.0 except for
crashing gnome every once and a while.. heh.  I'm back into windowmaker. :)