Morgan Wajda-Levie on Thu, 13 May 1999 07:38:39 -0400 (EDT)

Odd sound behavior

Recently, my computer's beep has started acting in strange ways.  Two
times in the past week it has started beeping until I log in and get
bash to beep.  I have also been playing around witha  few morse code
programs, which used to work a while ago, but no longer do.  The
programs do not have any timing, and after they're done, they have a
never-ending beep.

The only program I have running when my computer starts beeping is a
distributed.net cracker.  I'm running RedHat 5.1.  Any help would be
apreciated.

--
Morgan Wajda-Levie
"The three principal values of a programmer are Laziness, Impatience, and Hubris."