Eric Windisch on Wed, 12 May 1999 20:18:07 -0400 (EDT)

Re: RedHat Sound Problem

"Wylie, Terry W" wrote:

> Redhat 5.1 (had 5.2 for a while until I saw how much patching it would take
> to close it up).  I can't wake up a simple AWE64 sound card.  When I
> sndconfig it I get a modprobe error that I don't understand and can't find
> any docs on.

I would suggest upgrading to Redhat 6.  Redhat 5.1 didn't require many patches
only because it was only the king of the hill per sec, compared to 5.2.  Redhat
5.1 was the worst Redhat release afaik(as far as I know).  Redhat 6 should fix
all your problems however, as it uses the newer 2.2.x series kernel which I
personally use for my snd blaster 128.  Btw, if it asks for which card it is
and AWE 64 isn't an option, try the Ensoniq AudioPCI (ES1370) drivers.

- Eric Windisch