Kevin Way on Fri, 4 Jun 1999 09:02:50 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] rookie mistakes

Well it sounds like you have your desktop size set larger than your screen
size, I haven't played with X under RedHat really so I'm not qualified to
tell you how to fix it, other than the fact that I believe it's
Xconfigurator and of couse xf86config should both be able to help you get a
proper configuration without messing with your X config files if you're
afraid of them.  If you want to purchase a commercial version of X,
Accelerated-X is a decent X server which does some convenient
auto-configuration and such.  I don't know their contact info, but they've
advertised in pretty much every edition of Linux Journal.

Kevin Way
Systems Administrator
http://www.research-inc.com/
(215)540-0700 Fax (215)540-0770