Dave Torok on Sat, 5 Jun 1999 12:51:33 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Potential new meeting place

Avi Freedman wrote:

> As background -
>
> A few weeks ago, netaxs joined with EarthStation Inter.net to form
> EarthStation Netaxs, located in Conshohocken at 555 North Lane,
> Suite 5500, in the "Lee Park" complex.  There's a train stop a block
> or two away (not Conshohocken, but the one after it).

That would be the "Spring Mill" station, and is literally a 3-minute
walk from Lee Park.

The trains run less frequently than the ones to Conshy.  There is a
1-mile walk (on the street or the Valley Forge Fitness Trail) from
Conshy to Spring Mill.

If a new meeting place is in "the burbs", I suggest that the
starting time be pushed back to 7:30pm to allow people to travel
and avoid most of the rush-hour traffic if they choose to drive.

(Note: I personally would prefer a Center City / Univ. City location)