Vale_Kenny on Wed, 9 Jun 1999 16:22:14 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] AARGGHH!!!

I hadda put this out here...I'm just too much of a hardware freak not to...
SGI announced a Quad Xeon 500 Mhz box...
I'm currently in the process of breaking Commandments, like covetousness, and
I'm sure one or two others...
*Wow*, Lets see...Quad Xeon 500s, with 1M L2 cache, 512 M of ECC SDRAM, Like 16
GIGs, and Linux.  *Wow*
An Hitachi 21" 802 Elite Plus, Rf Keyboard, and Mouse, A Diamond Fire GL 1000
/32M video card, and a Turtle Beach Montego Quadzilla...maybe an ADSL connection
just to complete the abuse...
Hey, Some guys get off with cars or lawn tractors, I'm a system freak...Imagine
ther graphic rendering abilities..I could do a fractaloverlay on a 24 meg
graphic in like 5 seconds, recompile a kernel in like 2 minutes.....
Oh, Well, I'll be able to afford a
Now all I need is to hear DEC/compaq is throwing out their nextgen Alpha...heh
heh heh..
Sorry Folks, a moment of weakness..
Vale