Vettese, Nick A on Fri, 11 Jun 1999 16:32:25 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Potential new meeting place

Sorry about this.
	Can Terry Wylie, Sean ?, and Dave L. Martin please email me at
navettese@delinvest.com.
Thank you,
Nicholas Vettese

-----Original Message-----
From: Avi Freedman [mailto:avi@freedman.net]
Sent: Saturday, June 05, 1999 11:07 AM
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: [Plug] Potential new meeting place

As background -

A few weeks ago, netaxs joined with EarthStation Inter.net to form
EarthStation Netaxs, located in Conshohocken at 555 North Lane,
Suite 5500, in the "Lee Park" complex.  There's a train stop a block
or two away (not Conshohocken, but the one after it).

The same netaxs people (and a few more we recently hired) will be running
the technical operations; the NOC will be moving from downtown once some
additional T3 circuits are in at the Conshohocken facility, but there's
already T3 speed connectivity there today.

The offer -

There's a lecture hall that seats 100 in the complex, almost wired for
Ethernet (we have fiber around the complex, so that can be done in short
order).

The train runs about once/hour (I can just see it now, a "Linux train"
running back into the city), and at night there's plenty of parking...

EarthStation Netaxs is willing to get the lecture hall and provide soda
and chips, and eventually to get a projector that can be used for demos.
There's enough space up top for people to bring machines.

So, if there's interest, we're willing to host it...

Thanks,

Avi