Tim Krell on Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:53:59 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] fetchmail?

OK, I've decided I don't like fetchmail.  either that, or I'm doing
something very very wrong here.  It's odd, I've got fetchmail running to
transfer my mail into the local mailbox so I can read it in pine (I've
also decided I don't like netscape messenger anymore), but it has
trouble with some messages, and it works perfectly with others.  I've
tried using getpop3 on the suggestion of someone on #linuxhelp, but that
segfaults every time I run it...In any case, here is the output error I
get when I get errors, and it is this same error every time...

Ryoga:~/$ fetchmail mail.snip.net
Enter password for tkrell@mail.snip.net
1 message for tkrell at mail.snip.net (1275 octets).
reading message 1 of 1 (890 header octets) fetchmail: SMTP error: 451
<piper304@yahoo.com>...sender domain must resolve
fetchmail: SMTP error: 553 <tkrell>...Domain name required
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from mail.snip.net
fetchmail: Query status=10

Any ideas?  Seems to happen with the PLUG mailing list, my mom's email
at work (devalcol.edu), yahoo.com (oddly enough, hotmail comes in
fine)....and a few others.

-Tim