Chuck Peters on Thu, 24 Jun 1999 02:36:27 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...Success at last! THANKS!

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Michael C. Toren wrote:

> > > Don't you still want to get sendmail working?
> >
> > Screw that, when all he's trying to get is dialup pop delivery.
>
> Besides the fact that it's nice to be able to use sendmail on the local
> system for outgoing mail, many standard system components (cron, for
> example) depend on a working MTA being present.

An MTA is classified as important with Debian, but the default MTA for
Debian 2.1 is exim and it is easier to deal with than sendmail.  I would
recommend going with exim for a home dialup machine.

I'm curious how it will handle a couple of thousand users.

Chuck