Scott R. Myers on Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:22:08 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Another one of my little random thoughts

Training is a great love of mine.  I wouldn't mind contributing to this
effort.  Let's discuss it more and see what subjects would be of the
greatest value to linux newbies.

srm

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@nitrous.nothinbut.net
[mailto:plug-admin@nitrous.nothinbut.net]On Behalf Of Tim Krell
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 1999 10:11 PM
To: Philadelphia Linux Users Group
Subject: [Plug] Another one of my little random thoughts

Was thinking today after I was running into some stubborn samba problems
about the plug and helping users, etc.  And I thought about something that
kept recurring to me over the course of a few hours while i piddled away
on my box messing with samba and my email setup (which now works thanks to
you guys here on the mailinglist).  But anyway, the thought was "You know
what would be really diesel?  Having the PLUG offer free/low fee seminars
to teach uninformed newbies such as myself who need hands-on instruction
to really grasp something maybe once or twice a month in addition to the
monthly meeting."  Now I don't know how possible/feasible/how well
recieved this idea would be, but I think it'd be a great thing to have to
help people who'd otherwise be afraid to get into Linux in the area get
started and learn what they know on windows ported to knowledge in linux.
Just a thought.  Flames, comments, etc. welcomed, I'd like to see this
developed if at all possible.

the ever present thinking one
Tim

---