Eric S. Raymond on Tue, 6 Jul 1999 14:16:31 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Which modem to buy for Linux

Michelle Weber <umweber@mcs.drexel.edu>:
> I'd have to say that the USR V.90 External modem is VERY nice, and extremely
> easy to use under Linux. Although, the modem is quite expensive... I got it
> as a  christmas present :)

I have a Courier V.Everything, and I agree.  Best modem going.  I did research
on this; see the excellent site at http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html
or Rick Moen's very entertaining rant about modems and other things at

	http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/

Street price of V.Everythings is down below $100 now.  Buy one; you won't
regret it.
--

"Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue
out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."