Darxus on Fri, 9 Jul 1999 10:40:50 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] updates to the plug web page (new location)

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Roger C. Scudder Jr. wrote:

> Oh, yeah.  If you look through the archives you will see that the
> 19th and Pine was brought up about two weeks ago.  I was well aware
> of it as well as an offer to use space at the Free Library. I don't
> think you wanted to hear about anything other than netaxs.  Not
> that that is bad... I'm sure you have your reasons... and I don't
> doubt there are some very compelling reasons that netaxs would make
> a great spot.

I actually did not notice the mention of the 19th & pine location, or at
least did not bother storing the information.  I can see why it may have
seemed that I didn't want to hear about any place but netaxs.  But that is
not the case.  I just didn't want to hear about anything until someone had
actually confirmed what we could use it.  So I'm guessing that there had
not been confirmation that we could use the pizza place until the meeting.
Once I heard that it had over 40 seats, was free, and we had confirmation
that we could use it, I readily agreed, although I still want to do netaxs
:)

> > We had ~35 people at that meeting.  What was the count of chairs ?
> > 40-something ?
>
> Yeah... that IS an improvement over the Cyber Loft in terms of
> seating... though it may be less total sq. footage.  I don't know.
> I'll have to see it myself.  If it's the one I'm thinking of and the
> meeting is held downstairs, it's rather small, indeed.  :-(

No, upstairs.

> > I'd still love to do it at netaxs... just because it's netaxs.
>
> That's very touching ;-)  ...but it screws too many people out of a
> reasonable commute.    For that reason I think it is a poor option
> that should only be considered for temporary use if need be.

Agreed.