Joshua Mazess on Sat, 10 Jul 1999 21:04:01 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Where to find a jumpered modem (fwd)

I remember the Atlas 33.6. I was tempted to buy it. I also remember the 56K model and
noticed that it was not the same jumpered modem as the 33.6. I think it said it was
for Win95. I wouldn't buy & try it unless they report Linux compatibility (or at
least DOS and non-PNP). The Rockwell modem mentioned below by Mr. McCauley sounds
like a better bet.

As for the 115,200 connect rate, that is probably your DTE (computer-to-modem) rate,
not your DCE (modem-to-modem) rate. Try throwing a W2 into your init string. Believe
me, if that's a V34+ modem, that's all you're gonna get, with a little extra boost
from the same compression technology that we've been using for years. --Josh