Jack Wilkinson on Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:23:04 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Ya know, it's a shame..

That's how NT is designed, bud.  One server per daemon.  A company who wants
to establish a major internet presence using NT needs one server for each of
the following, typically:

- Web Server
- Mail Server
- DNS
- Gateway

Plus servers for ftp, news, etc. if needed, but only one daemon per box.
Backoffice and all that comes out to a pretty penny in the pocket of MS.

It's a matter of marketing genius, not necessarily a badly-made OS (well,
meaning an OS made badly unintentionally).