Ayares, Mark on Mon, 12 Jul 1999 07:38:49 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Ya know, it's a shame..

I'm an NT Admin at a local engineering shop.  We are all NT in the backend
and a mix of NT and 95 on the client side.  The best fix we have found for
NT problems is to reload.  The solution for making MS crap work in the
backend is to load only one server app per server.  MS apps can barely run
with the OS, let alone running multiple apps on one box.  I love loading a
new SP in the middle of the day and having to reboot our main server.  MS
needs to stick to the client side and let the big boys write the server
OS's.

MS SUCKS!

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Anneke K. Hackman [mailto:anneke@linux-cs.tccw.wku.edu]
Sent: Friday, July 09, 1999 4:19 PM
To: 'plug@lists.nothinbut.net'
Subject: RE: [Plug] Ya know, it's a shame..

I work at a basically exclusively NT (and some Win95) shop, and although
workstation doesn't crash too often, the servers are fubar /all/ the time.
they crash every three days, because we try to run site server, and SQL,
and so on all on the same box (heaven forbid).  MS apps break other MS
apps on the same machine.
	I also have a win95 (had, before i toasted it) machine at home--
and when i tried to run Photoshop with almost anything else at the same
time (like start up illustrator too) or word... practially a recipe for
instant freeze.

My home linux box, naturally, has never crashed. (and i wish i made the
meeting wednesday, i got out of work too late...)  Core dumps, sure, but
never frozen.

not that this is news to a LUG.

--anneke

 Anneke K. Hackman			            http://www.anneke.net