John Nolan on Mon, 12 Jul 1999 16:15:07 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Debian Install Problems

> > Yup, I agree with you there.  There is one prompt in partucluar,
> > (it comes up during the install process just before you are
> > about to select packages), which wins the prize for
> > the most poorly-worded user prompt I've ever seen on any system.
>
> Which prompt was that?

I will find it and post it here.

> > In spite of this, I am still planning to use Debian when
> > I mothball my current (Slackware) Linux system and get a new box.
>
> Why?

Curiosity, mostly.  I want to understand the packaging system,
meaning both its good points and bad points.  I don't think I'll
be able to have an informed opinion about it until I really
understand it well.