LeRoy D. Cressy on Tue, 13 Jul 1999 13:56:44 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Distritubtion Question

Hi All

Your question about what distribution is the best is a little hard to
answer for all distributions have their strengths and weaknesses.  For
instasnce if you are looking for a solid distribution that is designed
to be upgradable without breaking, then go with the Debian
distribution.  If you are looking for ease of install then go with
Redhat or SUSE.

My personal choice is Debian, for once the system is installed and set
up, I'll never have to redo a complete install.  Also the Debian
packages do not overwrite your /etc/ files that you have made and edited
to your needs.

DrexelDG@aol.com wrote:

> Hey all,
>         I am fairly new to the Linux world, and I love to know what you all
> think is the best package out there.  I will be using it for networking, home
> use(Games), surfing the net, and working off of it.  I am having some
> problems with RH and was wondering if anyone thinks that there is something
> better out there.
>
> TIA
>
> Anthony

          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037