Tracy Nelson on Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:47:03 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] PLUG List Nettiquite - Propriety, MS-bashing, etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Master and Servant <msimons@caip.rutgers.edu>
>Lately they've been working on developing their
>next-generation Amiga platform... originally they were going to go with
>QNX as the basis for their kernel... but now... they wised up and are
>going to be basing their new system on the LINUX KERNEL!

Hmmm, I can't see this as being a good thing for the Amiga.  One of its
principal claims to fame was its near-real-time OS.  On the surface, QNX
would have been a far better choice.  Of course, if they're going to
continue
to produce machines with intense custom chipsets, it may well make
more sense to stick with an open-source solution, since the amount of
modification to make an outside OS work will be considerable.

Has anyone heard about any progress on the RT Linux front?  Maybe it's
farther along than I thought.