Master and Servant on Wed, 14 Jul 1999 13:40:03 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Real Time Linux

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999 Vale_Kenny@vanguard.com wrote:
> What is RT???
> Has anyone heard about any progress on the RT Linux front?  Maybe it's
> farther along than I thought.

RT refers to Real Time computing...

a search produces the following
http://hegel.ittc.ukans.edu/projects/kurt/
http://rtlinux.cs.nmt.edu/~rtlinux/  www.rtlinux.org is a jump page for
this one
http://rtlinux.cs.nmt.edu/~baraban/thesis/index.html (there are post
script versions on this guys main page)
http://stereotaxis.wustl.edu/~jerry/

http://www.realtimelinux.com/
http://www.mnis.fr/us/rtlinux.html
http://www.linuxfocus.org/English/May1998/article4.html
http://atlantek.com.au/USERS/wes/linux/rtlinux.html

http://cherenkov.physics.iastate.edu/frank/rtl-cc16.html
http://linuxjournal.com:82/cgi-bin/frames.pl/lj-issues/issue34/0232.html
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~teuben/linux/rt/
http://aol11.wff.nasa.gov/rtlinux/
http://www.butera.org/buzz/index.html
http://www.isd.cme.nist.gov/projects/emc/shmem.html

http://www.thegrid.net/tech/realv/realxrto.htm  (a page about various real
time resources -- as far as linux goes, it onlky specifically links back
to the thesis above, but the other resources might be of interest)

http://www.redhat.com:8080/HyperNews/get/khg/9/6/2.html (I couldn't get to
this, but it looked promising a discussion page which talks about the
shortcomings of real time linux both KU-rt Linux and the RT linux from
nmt.edu -- maybe the page existed in real time and thus doesn't exist
anymore (hah))

http://www.zdnet.com/products/stories/reviews/0,4161,2263431,00.html
(I've been trying to figure out why this article about MS Windows 2000
Beta 3 comes up in a search for Real Time Linux -- it does mention Linux
ONCE but thats about it for all I can see, so this isn't really
appropriate, but I figured some people might like to read it cause it does
go into detail about MSW2k)
http://www.techweb.com/se/directlink.cgi?EET19981116S0134
(Another piece which really doesnt have anything to do with REAL TIME
Linux[it came up in my search tho, or actually a link to an abstract of
it came up], but I figured it was a good balance to the above -- this is
Yet Another article of BillGates/Microsloth vs Linux -- pro linux of
course, but not a tech article, just commentary from EETimes.)