LeRoy D. Cressy on Wed, 14 Jul 1999 14:56:06 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Distritubtion Question

Hi Roger,

What I was attempting to say was with RH and others was that sometimes
when upgrading the config files that you worked on to twek your system
for your own needs were overwritten by the upgrade without warning.
Also, I have found that some distributions are not as careful with their
upgrades and there are broken packages after the upgrade.  Though you
can upgrade other distributions besides Debian, I personally like the
Debian system for they seem most conscientious about making sure that
the system doesn't break upon upgrade.

I hope that you have a good day :-)
Roger C. Scudder Jr. wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, LeRoy D. Cressy wrote:
>
> > My personal choice is Debian, for once the system is installed and set
> > up, I'll never have to redo a complete install.  Also the Debian
> > packages do not overwrite your /etc/ files that you have made and edited
> > to your needs.
>
> I think that to suggest, as your reply does, that RedHat and SuSE
> can not be upgraded without doing a full install is not being fair.
> Heck, if this person is having problems with RedHat, do you really
> think he will find Debian any easier?  I sure don't.  Debian is not,
> IMHO, a beginners distribution.
>
> Roger Scudder
> <non-egotistical sig>

          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037