Jason S. on Wed, 14 Jul 1999 15:09:28 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Distritubtion Question

"LeRoy D. Cressy" wrote:

> Hi Roger,
>
> What I was attempting to say was with RH and others was that sometimes
> when upgrading the config files that you worked on to twek your system
> for your own needs were overwritten by the upgrade without warning.
> Also, I have found that some distributions are not as careful with their
> upgrades and there are broken packages after the upgrade.  Though you
> can upgrade other distributions besides Debian, I personally like the
> Debian system for they seem most conscientious about making sure that
> the system doesn't break upon upgrade.

Just an FYI. If during the course of an RPM install redhat finds that
the checksum of the file doesnt match whats in the rpm database it
usually saves the modified version as filename.rpmsave. Just to let you
know....

--
J.

When I grow up, I wanna be more like me.
I had a clue. I didn't like it. I took it back and exchanged it for an
attitude.