Joel A. Matz on Sat, 17 Jul 1999 23:24:22 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] please help

Bell Atlantic authenticates using CHAP/PAP.  If you don't have this
configured it's probably the link dying as a result. With 6.0 the
easiest thing was to go into linuxconfig & set up the ppp interface with
PAP secrets being your user name & password.  It worked for me.  I'm
sure kpppd(?) also offers this option somewhere.

Joel