Jason M. Lenthe on Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:21:26 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Vgetty

I've only read the docs so I don't really know what I'm talking about but
it seems like you write a shell script called a call_program which handles
calls.  Inside that scripts you can use the voice library to do whatever
you want to do.  Commands include among others, sending audio back,
recording, beeping, and perhaps, most pertinent to you, setting the output
device to the "LOCAL_HANDSET".

You can put an if statement to detect whether you have fax/data/voice and
if its voice you could set the output device to LOCAL_HANDSET.  Now the
only question is, will it ring?  I'm not sure.  But if it is possible, I
think you could (or have) to do it with one modem.

I'm getting all this from
http://alpha.greenie.net/vgetty/readme.voice_shell.html.

This stuff seems cool, I think I might have to play with it tonight.

Jason