Kevin Hill on Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:36:53 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] adaptec 1742

You need to have a SCSI kernel loaded or SCSI modules loaded for your
Adaptec card.  Never played with Slackware but SuSE install gives you
the option of loading any necessary hardware modules before
installation.  Should be something similar in your distro.

Find the module which corresponds to your adapter and load it first.
Then /dev/sda (and /dev/sdb, etc.) should be available.

It's probably not a hardware problem if the other, lamer OS's can see
it.

- khill

marc wrote:

> I can boot with my adaptec 1742 scsi card using slackware boot and root
> disks.  Fdisk will not see the scsi disk.  Dos will see the scsi disk and
> Novell 3.11 will see the scsi disk.  Am I missing some parameters or jumper
> settings.

begin:vcard
n:Hill;Kevin
tel;fax:215.283.4942
tel;work:215.283.4877
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.quarterleaf.com/
org:The Sycamore Group;Enterprise Development Division
version:2.1
email;internet:khill@quarterleaf.com
title:Senior Application Architect
adr;quoted-printable:;;580 Virginia Drive=0D=0ASuite 100;Fort Washington;PA;19034;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;-18560
fn:Kevin Hill
end:vcard