William Massa on Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:25:38 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Adaptec AVA-2825 Host adapter

Hello everyone.

I have a newbie question or more like a problem I can't get passed.
I've had RedHat Linux 5.2 running on my Laptop for about 6 month and it runs
very smooth.  So I decided to switch my (Home) Intranet server from WinNT to
Linux.

Problem Background:
So the PC I'm installing it on has a VL-Bus AVA 2825 SCSI Host Adapter.  I
had a SCSI hard drive on it but it was too small so I replaced it with an
8GB EIDE HD (This card allows me to connect upto 2 EIDE devices to it).  I
already gave the 500 MB SCISI away (BAD IDEA!)  So I'm stuck with the EIDE
drive.

Here is the problem:
I want to install the Server class but after it asks me the Language and
from where I'm installing (Local CD-ROM - IDE) it asks me if I have any
SCISI devices.  So I answer no because I have no SCSI devices and then the
install terminates with an Abnormal shutdown.  If I answer yes,  It gives me
a list of Adapters but the AVA-2825 is not listed.  No matter which one I
pick it tries to search for SCSI devices but it obviously can't find any.
After that all I can do is go back to the previous screen and select that I
don't have any SCSI devices and get the inevitable abnormal shutdown.

Any ideas on how to get around this?

William Roldan
Senior Developer
William@microendeavors.com
Micro Endeavors, Inc.
1-800-331-9434

KNOWLEDGE is POWER -  LEARN technology from the EXPERTS
http://www.microendeavors.com and learn more!