Alexander John Batyi on Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:07:03 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Mounting Zip drives in RH6.0

> Mounting a partition will yeild better results than attemtping to
> mount the raw device. Dunno why its like this, it just is. Have
> fun.
> has one partition, /dev/sda4.
> mkdir /zip
> mount -t vfat /dev/sda4 /zip

Not to argue but using /dev/sda4 is the old way and works for the PP zip.

I use mount /dev/hdb4 /whatever -t msdos

The important thing as mentioned above is that you were
mounting the whole device not the fourth slice.  To check what dev (hdx or sdx)
watch the boot messages or type; dmesg | less  or dmesg | grep IOMEGA