Jason S. on Fri, 23 Jul 1999 14:24:17 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Mounting Zip drives in RH6.0

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Justin Bedard wrote:

<Prune>

> (intr,rw,port=1023,timeo=8,retrans=110,indirect,map=/etc/amd.conf,dev=00000003)
>
> Bad superblock?  That's the only thing left according to my logic.  Why would
> it be bad?  Wouldn't the disk then have problems under Windoze if there was a
> bad superblock?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> I've also read the 2 files on ZIP drives in /usr/docs/HOWTO/mini/ZIP-*.  None
> of them are that helpful for my problem.
<Snip>

Hey dude. Read the ZIP-Drive mini howto again.

Mounting a partition will yeild better results than attemtping to
mount the raw device. Dunno why its like this, it just is. Have
fun.

# From the HOWTO:

5.2.  An existing DOS formatted disk

If you have a ZIP disk with a DOS file structure that was originally
created by Iomega's tools, the partition scan should say that the disk
has one partition, /dev/sda4.

You should make a place to mount the disk, lets say /zip, and then
mount it as an MS-DOS filesystem:

mkdir /zip
mount -t vfat /dev/sda4 /zip