Jason Costomiris on Sat, 31 Jul 1999 21:06:09 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Connecting Linux to an Exchange server

On Sat, Jul 31, 1999 at 09:41:42AM -0700, Aaron Brown wrote:
:
: Does anyone out there know if there is a client that will connect a linux
: machine running samba to an exchange server so that I can read the
: contacts, public contacts and calaners, and get the email?  Kinda like M$
: Outlook?  Once I figure out how to do this I can fsck my NT partition and
: make it ext2fs.

You won't get full Exchange functionality, but it can be reasonably done.

Mutt is able to read from imap message stores, which exchange supports.
Mutt is also able to use wrappers and ldap_search (from OpenLDAP) to
talk to the Exchange address book, which supports LDAP....

--
                 Jason Costomiris <><
            Technologist, cryptogeek, human.