Charles Stack on Mon, 2 Aug 1999 17:22:33 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Init Scripts

But, doesn't this apply only during startup?  I'd like to be able to start
my firewall when the ppp interface is active and take it down when the
interface drops.  My understanding is that this is supposed to be the domain
of ip-up and ip-down.

cjs

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.nothinbut.net
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.nothinbut.net]On Behalf Of Kyle Burton
Sent: Monday, August 02, 1999 5:08 PM
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: Re: [Plug] Init Scripts

rc.local

any changes you make (other than ordering) should go in rc.local, or
if you create a /etc/rc.d/init.d/xyz_script, put an 'S' symlink in the
runlevel
director(y/ies) where you want it to start, and put a 'K' symlink in the
other
directories.

"Perl combines all of the worst aspects of BASIC, C and line noise."- Keith
Packard <keithp@ncd.com>
    --IBM sales rep
mortis@voicenet.com
http://www.voicenet.com/~mortis