Kevin Hill on Mon, 2 Aug 1999 17:30:35 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Init Scripts

How are you starting ppp?  In general, there's some scripts in /etc/ppp
(like ppp-up, ppp-down) that actually initialize the device.  This is
how it's outlined in the PPP HOWTO and how I've always used it.

If this is the case, just edit those scripts and have them call your
firewall start/stop scripts.  That should accomplish the task with
minimal disruption to the system.

- khill

Charles Stack wrote:

> But, doesn't this apply only during startup?  I'd like to be able to start
> my firewall when the ppp interface is active and take it down when the
> interface drops.  My understanding is that this is supposed to be the domain
> of ip-up and ip-down.
>
> cjs

begin:vcard
n:Hill;Kevin
tel;fax:215.283.4942
tel;work:215.283.4877
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.quarterleaf.com/
org:The Sycamore Group;Enterprise Development Division
version:2.1
email;internet:khill@quarterleaf.com
title:Senior Application Architect
adr;quoted-printable:;;580 Virginia Drive=0D=0ASuite 100;Fort Washington;PA;19034;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;25440
fn:Kevin Hill
end:vcard