Master and Servant on Tue, 3 Aug 1999 23:58:48 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] PLUG Announcement

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Nick R wrote:
> Do these meetings usually end at a certain time or do people just wander
> off, because I don't think my parents would mind me walking back from to the
> train station if it was w/ a few other people.

Well, for one, where are you coming from? Maybe you can even arrange for a
ride to and from your area.

Two, the best way to get septa directions is either on the website or via
their telephone number  I believe it's www.septa.org (tho com might work
too) and 215-580-7800

Okay so tomorrow's meeting is at 19th and something? probably best to take
the train or subway into 15th st and walk the rest of the way, I'd say you
could transfer to the green line and I believe they have a 19th street
stop, but you'd still have to walk a number of blocks. So, it's a trade
off either way.

As far as your parents go, I dont know how old you are, or how much (if at
all) you have been in center city, or what they are like.  I would say
it's really not difficult/not dangerous.

As far as walking back to the station goes, I would say you most likely
will find someone who will be walking at least in the same general
direction for a few blocks.. you might even be able to find someone who
can drop you off at the train station after the meeting.

As far as how long this will go? Who knows? We've never had a meeting at
this place and dont have the same time constraints.. not to mention it's
not a "have meeting, go to food afterwards" situation...

So if you dont get a ride from someone before the meeting via email list,
then be sure to not be afraid to speak up at the meeting and say "Hey,
could someone give me a ride back to the train station? I have to leave by
time X... and that is in 15 mins.." or whatever..