Michael W. Ryan on Wed, 4 Aug 1999 11:44:28 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] quick apache question

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Christian Betz wrote:

> I have a quick apache question. From a standard distribution and with
> apache and cgi scripts already working, how would I go about making the
> default document a cgi script instead of index.html? I've been wondering
> this for ages and believe it or not, I have looked through the docs,
> though perhaps not vigorously enough.

Naming it "index.cgi" should do it.  Check your apache config file to make
sure that the file is one of the filenames it'll look for as a default.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 1999
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)