John Nolan on Tue, 10 Aug 1999 10:27:09 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] soft RAID

Isn't this analogous to the whole Winmodem question?
It's possible to move the processing from the controller
board to the main CPU, but this is generally a bad idea because
it takes up CPU time and defeats device abstraction.

Isn't there some line of Sun RAID products which uses
software RAID 5 ?  I think I remember some users complaining
about it, but I've forgotton which product it is.
It's not the A5000's, is it?