LeRoy D. Cressy on Wed, 11 Aug 1999 15:01:32 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Publicly accessible news server?

Can't Resist this comment!

If you don't like what is on op net. why not set up your own news server
grabbing just the groups and articles you want.  Linux comes with all
the tools that you need to do this.

John Nolan wrote:

> > WAIT... you're complaining because it keeps messages for TOO long and has
> > TOO MANY groups on it?
> >
> > If this isn't sarcasm, maybe you should look for a different client rather
> > than a different server.
>
> Actually, no, I wasn't kidding.  I use either Netscape or tin.
> Tin routinely chokes because of the large number of groups,
> and when it doesn't choke, it's dog slow.  Netscape is better,
> but Netscape still insists on downloading all message headers,
> even if they go back for months.
>
> Can anyone recommend a better news client?
>
> --

          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037