Adam Turoff on Tue, 17 Aug 1999 16:55:12 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] You know it's obsolete when...

> You know your PC hardware is obsolete when....

PC Hardware is never obsolete.  It always serves as fodder for a good
physics experiment, like proving that g == 9.8m/s^2.  :-)

> Hmm... maybe I can turn the SIMMs into some kind of odd techno-jewelry.

That's not a bad idea, actually. There's a company called "Motherboard Design"
I believe that markets doohickeys made out of recycled motherboards -
business card holders, notebook covers, clipboards, etc.  Someone will
still need to depopulate the boards, which is pretty toxic business.

I think you can find some of their stuff at Urban Outfitters.

Of course, you could go with the old standby of using your old SIMMs as
a CPU-warmer...

Z.