Daniel W. Ottey on Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:38:34 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Trouble starting X remotely

Interesting...  You mena like a portable "dumb terminal" ?  I guess if it
had a cellular/satelite modem, that would be pretty cool.  The actual
machine probably wouldn't be too expensive.  Would probably be even
cheaper than a 386 laptop.  Somehow you would have to get it Internet
access, but it wouldn't need to be VERY fast, since its only relaying
text.  Thats an interesting idea.  I like it!  (I could telnet into my box
from anywhere I was and check my email...  whoo!)

Daniel W. Ottey
Sophomore Computer Science Student
Drexel University - Philadelphia, PA
http://www.snarfykat.org/